Monday, May 5, 2008

The Ultimate Subway Series-Introduction

Growing up a Yankees fan has been good to me, I have lived through a dynasty, seeing my team win 4 world series championships. Sometimes I wonder what its like to be a Mets fan, sitting there praying for a playoff spot let alone a World Series title. This is why I love the Subway Series so much. Every year I am given the opportunity to see my least favorite team outside of Boston face off against my favorite team. Recently this series has been full of parity, which is nice for those Mets fans that need every win they get, but what I really want to see is complete domination, you know like the World Series of '00. With that goal in mind I am going to be running a series called The Ultimate Subway Series, which will pit the best Yankees team of all time against the best Mets team of all time. Using the sim-matchup feature of Whatifsports.com the best 9 teams from each franchise will be whittled to down, round by round, until the supreme teams from each franchise emerge to take each other on. In a fight for the virtual version of that really fucking ugly Subway Series trophy-yes I know, quite a prize. I will breakdown the teams later in the day and the play-in round will begin tomorrow, I hope to see you there.

-Mose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The reason for this parity is that the Mets no longer are willing to sit aside and take the trash talk the Yankees fans are so willing to give. They have bettered their team in a various number of ways and are no longer the "second" team in NYC. You speak of growing up in a dynasty, but most Yankee fans forget, or choose not to remember, that before this dynasty began, the Mets were a dominating team during the eighties. And they shall become one in the near future once we get the kinks sorted out.

Anonymous said...

this blog sucks. i hate it. its depressing.
emos

Anonymous said...

this blog sucks. i hate it. its depressing.
emos