Thursday, May 8, 2008

Damn Limeade, Part 2

Well, the Yanks pulled out the victory in a 6-3 win over Cleveland, but I'm still baffled over that cherry limeade. Why would they make something so sweet? Joba pitched a 1-2-3 eighth, recovering nicely from Tuesday's outing against Cleveland when he allowed a game winning three-run homer to David Dellucci. Mo, once against pitched a scoreless ninth. In 14 innings this year, he has allowed five hits, no walks and no runs. Really, those are remarkable numbers. It was a crisp game on a crisp day. 
The guy sitting behind Mose and me was one of your typical fat, drunk guys; drunk to the point where he no longer had any idea what he's talking about and is already slurring his words. I kid you not, this exchange actually went down in the seventh inning today:

Vendor: Last call for beer.
Drunk Guy's Friend Who's Also Drunk: You want another?
Drunk Guy: No, man. I have to drive home. I really don't need another right now.

Drunk Guy's Friend Who's Also Drunk purchases two more Bud Lights, anyway.

Drunk Guy's Friend Who's Also Drunk: Well, I've already bought two beers...
Drunk Guy: Oh whatever. This is a problem though. I don't know the cops around here like I do in Florida.

Drunk Guy drinks the entire beer in two seconds.


Fun day.

- D. Spell

No comments: