Friday, May 9, 2008

New Background

We were a bit worried from the beginning about the background, so we have decided to change it after a few wise words from our friend Jonah Keri over at ESPN. I must admit, I liked the black background with white writing, but when I first mentioned it to Jim, he said to me, "Don't you think it might be stressful for the eyes?" Of course it wouldn't. What's the difference between black on white and white on black? Then, a friend called me emo for having a black background on my blog. I didn't appreciate his comment, but realized his right to the First Amendment and backed off.
After receiving an email from Jonah Keri, an ESPN baseball columnist, we have decided to change our background after four days of experimentation. Jim left the decision up to me, so we will now have the yellow background that you see. If we get the same complaints about this, then screw everyone. I'm not going through this process again. 
"Seems like white writing on black background might be hard on the eyes," Jonah said via email. Well, here's your gift Mr. Keri: a new background. 

- D. Spell

No comments: