Thursday, June 26, 2008

And the True Auteur Has Returned

So yes, we came back this week, and yes the great D. Spell has shepherded you through the beginning of this week. But we all know what you have been waiting for, my return to the blogosphere. I had a pretty good break sleeping and going to the bathroom, as Spell so eloquently put it, is a pretty huge time suck, but I am anxious to get this show back on the road.

A lot of Gotham sports events have occured during my absence, and I would write about all of them, but I want to look ahead not behind, forward not backward, so the only event I would like to write about is Jared Lorenzen's release from the New York Giants football team.

As I wrote last month, it did not look good for Jared Lorenzen's return to the Giants for this upcoming season and two days ago my worst fears were confirmed, as Lorenzen was released from the Giants. It was merely one line on the ESPNews fancy new-and-improved bottom ticker, it was not on the front page of ESPN.com, it was certainly not to be found anywhere on sportsline.com or si.com and it was a mere three sentences in the New York Times. Just like that Jared Lorenzen's career as chubby quarterback poster boy was over. So I would like to use my return post as an opportunity to remember Lorenzen's career and hope that David Carr and Anthony Wright both suffer the karmic consequences for depriving us of Mr. Lorenzen.

Anyway I am glad to be back and I will be back posting on a regular basis for the foreseeable future.

-Mose

No comments: